Web update: 04/07/2017
Call for Submissions for
Volume 32 of The Poet’s Domain
April 1 to June 30, 2017
Theme: There is a crack in everything
That’s how the light gets in.
Based on the song Anthem
By the late, great Leonard Cohen
GENERAL SUBMISSION GUIDELINES FOR THE POET’S DOMAIN
1. Both published and unpublished poets who live in or have a substantial connection with Delaware, the District of Columbia, Maryland, Virginia, West Virginia, Pennsylvania, New York, Ohio, or North and South Carolina, are invited to submit poetry for consideration.
2. Poets may submit up to five entries with the accompanying $5 fee for each submission. All submissions must be original, unpublished and not under consideration by another publisher. All submissions should convey some aspect of the theme.
3. Although poems of 32 lines or less are preferred, longer poems receive full consideration. There are no restrictions on genre or form. All poems must be titled.
4. Option: To confirm receipt of submissions, please include a self-addressed, stamped postcard listing the titles of the submissions and the line: “Poems and fees received.” No other SASE required. All communication will be digital.
5. To ensure efficiency, please send submissions and bios both electronically (email) and in a hard copy. The hard copy will specify how you want the poem to appear in the book (centered, right or left justified, etc.). Except for punctuation, please do not “format” the electronic copy. All text should be left justified.
a) by email – either in the email body or as a Word (2003) document attachment. Please put Poetry Submission in the subject line of the email.
Do not format this entry, i.e. keep all lines flush left, no centering, no tabs, no indents, etc. Send to email@example.com
b) Submit one copy of each poem on a separate sheet of paper, in the form you would like it to appear—with your name, complete address with ZIP code, phone number and email address in the upper right-hand corner. A check for the registration fee(s) should accompany the hard copy submissions. Email submissions will be considered only when the hard copy and fee is in hand. Authors will be notified when hard copies have been received.
Please include a brief (100-150 word) biography.
6. Contracts will be issued to poets whose poems are selected for inclusion in the volume. Publisher copyrights published work. Poets retain all rights to their work.
7. Payment: Poets receive one copy of the publication and share in an aggregate royalty of 10 percent of retail book sales, computed one year after publication. Since royalties have been historically miniscule, Live Wire Press gives a donation of the aggregate royalty to the Library of Virginia. A personal receipt for royalty earned is available upon request one year after publication.
Poets receive a pre-publication discount of 25% and a reduced post-publication discount of 12.5% towards purchase of additional copies and previous volumes still in stock.
8. Submissions will not be returned; poets should keep copies of all poetry submitted.
9. There is a $5 registration fee for each poem submitted.
10. Mail your submission packet with fees (check or money order – please do not send cash).
Live Wire Press
6046 Shiloh Place
Mechanicsville, VA 23111
* Any poet who has ever been published in The Poet’s Domain is eligible to enter regardless of current place of residence.
*Any person who is a member of The Poetry Society of Virginia regardless of place of residence, is eligible to enter.
Membership Contact : PoetryinVa@aol.com